Sometimes, when a customer tries to reset their Atlassian Account's password, the following error is thrown:
OOPS, YOU'VE MADE A MALFORMED REQUEST. If you came here from a link we sent you, please contact support.
Although potentially there's a variety of reasons why we see this error, one of the reason is broken link from mail client which handles HTML as plain-text.
Therefore, it should be nice to provide a way to copy-and-paste the link like the image below.
Most of the times this issue is resolved by:
- Clearing browser's cache.
- Disabling browser extensions or trying in private browsing mode.
- Turning on and off referrer protection.
- In case you use Capture for Jira, disable it
- Open the email in HTML (not in plain text)
It'd be interesting if the message would provide more relevant information so that the customers could be pointed towards a resolution for themselves.