This ticket is related to
CONFSERVER-52060, but tracks a different set of symptoms. CONFSERVER-52060tracks broken images, user mentions, and attachment macros. This set of symptoms have been fixed in Confluence 6.8.0 CONFSERVER-55267(this ticket) tracks broken internal page links and attachment links that specifically use the "shown as links" option. This set of symptoms are not yet fixed in Confluence 6.8.0. CONFSERVER-52441tracks broken emoticons, which describes editing pages changes macro into hard links.
In local testing, this requires Collaborative Editing to be enabled to reproduce.
- Install Confluence without any context path. Version 6.8.0 was used in this test. Make sure Collaborative Editing is enabled.
- Create a couple of test pages
- On one of the pages, create a link to another page.
- Drag an example attachment such as a zip file into the editor. Click it and choose to "Show as link"
- Save the page
- Shut down Confluence
- Edit <confluence_install>/conf/server.xml and modify the context path, e.g. add "/confluence"
- Start Confluence back up
- Go to Confluence Admin > General Configurations, and update the base URL to reflect the new "/confluence" context path
- Edit the page containing the link. (The editor might not load at first; try exiting the editor, refreshing the page, and edit again)
- Without changing anything, save the page
Nothing on the page changes
The links to both the internal page and the attachment are now pointing to the edited page itself. The storage format for the link now looks like:
Customers have also reported that this can occur when changing Base URL protocol rather than context path, for example http to https.