Emoticons macro is changing to image after the first save and edit of the page.
- Create a page and add an emoticon by typing in the keyboard or using the macro menu
- Save the page and check the storage format of the page it should look like this
- Click on edit the page, don't add any thing and just save again
- Check the storage format one more ttime
Should be the same
It changes into an image
In Confluence version 6.14.x, this bug changes the source URL from HTTPS to HTTP if Confluence is running behind proxy and SSL.
- Disable Collaborative Editing - To avoid the issue from occurring
- For Confluence 6.14.x, editing the storage format to point the broken URL from HTTP to HTTPS able to temporarily fix the issue.
- This issue leads into a confusion when doing version comparison or when receiving email update about the change because Confluence is detecting an change about the content from macro to an image to it includes into the changes.
In the screenshot attached you can see that Confluence is considering all emotions being part of the change, but actually only Start was changed to cool and normal to change.
- This is not reproducible with Confluence 5.10.x
- This could be an issue as emoticons are converted to hard links, and would present an issue when a type of base-URL related migration occurs in the future