When editing a page that has a shortcut link inserted, saving the page will break any shortcut links. There are multiple behaviors:
- If the shortcut link has a Default Alias, then that text will be changed to the current page title and the link will be to the current page
- If the shortcut link has custom text, then it will remain, but the link will point to the current page.
- Set up a Confluence instance with Collaborative Editing enabled
- Create a Shortcut Link and give it a default alias:
(In this example, I created the 'DuckDuckGo' shortcut)
- Create a page, and insert 2 shortcut links:
- This link should be to google (or any other link without a Default Alias)
- The next link should be to a shortcut with a Default Alias.
- Save the Page.
- All links will be displayed correctly, and be to the correct URL
- Edit the page again, and click 'Save'
The links will remain as they were before
Disable Collaborative Editing. Editing a page with shortcut links will no longer break them.