Many translations in the latest language pack are garbled. We also found that such strings are garbled on translations.atlassian.com as well.
As far as we noticed, 178 Japanese translations are garbled at lesat and all of them contains one of the representative garbled characters "ã". ("ã" is never used as a Japanese character.)
The following query returns the list of the affected translations.
Followings are the detail of affected version.
- 121 translations that are translated on 26 and 27 October 2017
affect the Confluence 6.5.x and later.
- 57 translations that are translated on 20 and 27 and 28 November 2017
affect the Confluence 6.6.x and later.
Please note this is just one example of the 178 translations mentioned above.
- Install Confluence 6.6.0 that holds Japanese language pack version 6.6.0.m28-v2r28314-2017-11-28.
- Login to the Confluence.
- Change the language setting to non-english. (In this example, to Japanese)
- Mouse-over the quick search.
It shows "クイック検索 / または g, g".