Back button in browser does not return to previous page when using URL with anchor link
- Any browser
- Confluence 6.2.1
- Create Page A with content that scrolls beyond the bottom of the screen, with several headings in the content that also go below the fold
- Add a table of content macro at the top of Page A
- Create Page B and insert Web Links with anchors from the table of contents to point to headings on Page A after the fold, for example
- Save Page B
- Click on the link to go to Page A with the anchor
- Click the back button in the broswer
The browser goes back to page
You need to click twice to return to the previous page
The page rendering is completely different in newer versions of Confluence which is why this bug doesn't appear in older, EOL versions. The left hand nav and floating toolbar are new and are likely to be part of the issue here.
The same workaround mentioned in CONFSERVER-40462 can be applied for this case (actions on Page A):
- Insert a new macro: Table of Content Zone
- Drag your original table of content macro icon into the new Table of Content Zone
- Click "Save"