In Confluence Cloud, when you paste an external link (such as Github) into Confluence Cloud (New Editor), it converts to the automatic preview, and then you get the following error:
Connect your account to preview links
If you click to connect, you are taken to a page in Github to confirm.
Once you connect, you return back to the page in Confluence, but the error has not gone away.
Confluence Cloud New Editor
- Create a new page in Confluence using the new editor.
- Paste a link to Github, confirm that it converts to automatic preview. Save the page.
- On the page, click the warning to connect your account. Connect your account.
- You are returned to this page, but the warning hasn't changed.
You should now have connected Github to your account and no longer receive the warning.
The warning hasn't changed.
- Is there no option for a preview without having to connect your account? Some users want to be able to link to a Github account w/o having to link their acccount.
- This also affects links to other applications such as Google Drive.
Create a text link instead.
- Type the text you want to use to link to Github.
- Select the text.
- CMD + K or CTRL + K to bring up the link dialogue.
- Paste your link.