Confluence-Only users are unable to view issues in a JIRA Issues Macro despite the Project queried is accessible to anonymous users
- Create a Project which is has the Browse Project permissions to Group (Anyone) so that it is accessible to Anonymous Users
- Create a Page within Confluence which includes a JIRA Issue Macro referencing this Anonymous project
- Have a Confluence-Only user login and navigate to the page that was created to view the macro
User is able to view JIRA issues in the JIRA Issues Macro
Confluence-only user is presented with a message stating:
Data cannot be retrieved due to an unexpected error.
View these issues in JIRA
In a non-Service Desk instance, the User can click on the "View these issues in JIRA" link and view them through the issue navigator, however if Service Desk is enabled, the user is taken to the Service Desk Portal.
- Make the Confluence Space is Publicly Accessible and have the Confluence-Only user logout; they would be able to see both the Page and Issues within the JIRA Issues Macro
- If the Confluence Space cannot be made Publicly Accessible or if JIRA Service Desk is used, grant the user JIRA (Core or Software) Access