Status: Released to Server
Affects Version/s: 5.7.1, 5.7.4, 5.9.10, 5.8.13, 5.7.6, 5.9.9, 5.10.4, 5.10.6, 5.10.7, 1000.322.0
Fix Version/s: 6.0.2
Component/s: Mobile - Mobile Web
UIS - Server:60
Support reference count:12
When accessing Confluence from a mobile device on iOS 10 and Safari, the application serves up a login screen that is invalid. This is true for all pages, even with anonymous access enabled.
- Install Confluence 5.10.4 (this can also be replicated in previous versions of Confluence such as 5.9.10)
- Enable anonymous access
- Make sure the system add-on called the 'Confluence Mobile Plugin' is enabled
- Access the Confluence instance using iOS 10 and the vanilla Safari browser that comes included
- Notice you will get an invalid login prompt asking you to login to Confluence
Confluence mobile should open up Confluence without asking you to log in.
A prompt comes up in Confluence asking all users to log in every few seconds.
This prompt only happens in Safari that comes bundled with iOS 10.
Switching to Desktop version does not correct the situation in Cloud, and is not a workaround. Nor is disabling Confluence Mobile.
Tested in iOS 9 and it is not a problem there.
- Install Google Chrome or Firefox instead on the device and use that.
- Disable Confluence Mobile by disabling the system add-on called the 'Confluence Mobile Plugin' . Please note CONF-40782 - "Disabling the Confluence Mobile Plugin also disables the Workbox - Host Plugin in Confluence 5.9.X" when performing this workaround.