Disabling the Confluence Mobile Plugin also disables the Workbox - Host Plugin in Confluence 5.9.X. The same behavior is not present in Confluence 5.8.X.
This also affects Confluence 6.X release. On Confluence 6.1X this is caused when disabling Confluence Mobile Web Plugin.
- Go to Manage Add-ons in a Confluence 5.9.x instance
- Find the 'Confluence Mobile Plugin'
- In more recent versions, this is caused by the Confluence Mobile Web Plugin
- Disable the plugin
- Refresh the page
- Find the 'Workbox - Host Plugin' and notice it is also disabled
- The 2 add-ons should not be dependent on each other.
The below exception is thrown in the Confluence logs:
Additional side effect:
- Disabling - Confluence Mobile Plugin
- Causes - Workbox - Host Plugin to become disable
- Disabling - Workbox - Host Plugin
- Causes - Confluence Mobile Rest to become disabled
- Disabling: Confluence Mobile Rest
- Causes - Workbox - Confluence Provider Plugin To become disabled
You must have the add-ons enable in the following order to re-enable (Relates to This Article about enabling the Workbox Plugin ):
- Confluence Mobile Plugin
- Workbox - Common Plugin (If disable / did not chain disable in testing)
- Workbox - Confluence Provider Plugin
- Workbox - Host Plugin
- Confluence Mobile Rest
Restart Confluence, flushing caches as described here (For Cloud this will require filing a support request at https://support.atlassian.com)
- Manually Trigger a content-index at this point, or the spaces will not be visable
- Note that if you take the SQL route in the document above, only remove the following 2 bandanavalue's unless there are other system plugins you also want to re-enable: