Attachments are lost when migrating using the CMAC from server to cloud.
- Set up Confluence Server (5.10 to latest) with a production (i.e. non-H2) database
- Set up a Space, create a page and attach multiple images to the page
- Install the latest Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence)
- Create and run a new plan to migrate the new space, and no users
- Wait for the plan to be successfully completed
- Review the imported data in the cloud
All images appear correctly
Attachments are broken.
Images do not display. Attachments may give an error with
The below exception is thrown in the log file:
The cases reported, affected only space migration that was done using the Confluence Migration Assist for Cloud app, if we use the "Import a Confluence Space" feature from the Adminstration section, the issue it is not reproducible.
If all the attachments are missing in a space, it is likely a different issue such as the export from an older, unsupported version of Confluence.
On Confluence Cloud the attachments that are missing can be identified with as having no propertyname = 'FILESTORE_ID' in the contentproperties table, but having other propertyname data such as FILESIZE.
One notable cause we've discovered is related to this issue
- CONFSERVER-27594: Deleting a Page does not Delete its Draft (fixed in Confluence Server 6.15.3, 6.15.4)
which has been fixed in Confluence 6.15.3 and above. If the attachments are attached to a page, and the page has drafts and is deleted, then the attachments are not necessarily deleted if they are referenced in the draft. If those attachments are then referenced on another page in another space then they won't migrate.
1. Clear the MIG_ATTACHMENT table prior to remigrating any spaces
2. Delete and re-import the effected space.
If a customer reports this case, please provide for the developers
- A full Confluence Support Zip
- The ... > Storage Format of a page from Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud
- The URL of the Page in Confluence Server and in Confluence Cloud
- From Confluence Server the output of
- From Confluence Cloud the output of