When customer migrates Jira from Server/DC to cloud using 1.6.5 or 1.7.1, the edit permissions on the filters, boards is not migrated.
Same is the case with dashboards as well.
- Install JCMA 1.6.5 or 1.7.1
- Enable below dark features:
- Create a project and then create a board in this project.
- Go to board settings and edit filter associated with it.
- Add any group/user to view permissions on the filter.
- Add any group/user to edit permissions on the filter.
Both view and edit permissions should get migrated to Cloud for the filters and board.
Only view permission is migrated to the cloud, and the group that was added in edit permissions will be visible under view permissions. The edit permissions will become private.
On Server, before migration:
On Cloud, after migration:
It can be seen clearly, that jira-users group was part of edit permissions for the filter on Server, but after migration, on cloud, it is added to view permissions.
Download the latest version (1.7.8) of Jira Cloud Migration Assistant [https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222010/jira-cloud-migration-assistant/version-history]
- Start your migration as usual.
- This feature will now migrate the share permissions for the filters and dashboard along with its rights i.e. edit and view