After recently migrating from Jira Cloud to Server or Data Center, unable to add new users as Jira software board administrator via board settings, the following error is thrown:
"Ug" is not a valid user.
This is caused by the data set introduced in Cloud: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20732
- Have a Cloud instance with users created around Sep~Oct 2020;
- Export an XML Backup from this instance and migrate to Server
- Try to add a new user as a board admin in any Jira software board;
- Jira will throw "Ug" is not a valid user. error
- Querying the app_user table looking for that user lower_user_name we should find the following:
ID user_key lower_user_name 11054 ug:1287e681-a24c-44ec-bac7-e72ad966a9a2 psouza
Jira should either convert those user_keys to the Data Center pattern during the export/import, or have the same bug fix implemented that will work with those 'ug:' user_keys.
It is possible to workaround this issue following the KB article: