While Jira 8 has made great strides in performance, there remain a few operations that are regularly 5+ seconds. I'm singling out Epic Link query performance because I'm noticing this is one of our top-ranked common operations. This can cause delays and block stories from being created when the Epic Link is a required field on the create screen.
You can experience this when you:
- Edit an Issue
- fill out the `E_pic Link_` value
- Jira will generate the XHR request -/rest/greenhopper/1.0/epics
Epic data loads within 3 seconds.
- Data from the access logs:
- Here are our Epic Statistics. Total Epics: 28K
- issuetype=Epic and statusCategory = Done : count: 14k
- issuetype=Epic and statusCategory != Done : count: 14k