JSD does not fill out the requestURL variable on outgoing notifications when ticket does not have a request type.
- JIRA v1000.383.2
- JIRA Service Desk Application v3.3.0-OD-1000.445.0
- JIRA Service Desk Server 3.5.0
- Create a JSD project
- Create a request via JIRA (not customer portal)
- Add needs approval action in the workflow
- On the request created in Step#2, add approvers
- Fire the needs approval action
- Notification email will be fired
On the email notification, if clicking on the "View Request", user should be redirected to the issue in Service Desk.
On the email notification, if clicking on the "View Request", user is being redirected to the instance only.
It seems that when the request type is empty, JSD can no longer find the necessary info to fill out the requestURL variable.
Add a valid Request Type in the ticket. This can be done manually or using Automation rule as per this KB article.