Users who not granted Assets roles are getting the error Exception: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'innerText') while browsing Kanban boards.
This is reproducible on Data Center: Yes
This is reproducible on Server (standalone Assets 8.10.13 version): Yes
- Create a Kanban project with at least one board
- Grant a non-admin software user with permission to access the project and the Kanban board.
- Remove jira-software-users/jira-core-users group from Object Schema Users roles for any Insight Object Schema so the user is not able to view the Assets menu.
- Login with the above user and browse the Kanban board.
Following WARN is observed into logs:
Kanban board should render normally.
- Go to the page ⚙ > Manage Apps > Manage Apps
- Search for the Assets plugin and please make sure to select All Apps in the dropdown menu on the right
- Expand the Assets plugin, and then expand the list of its modules
- Look for the module rlabs-js-bundle-assets-rebrand-onboarding and disable it
- The issue is not reproducible in Firefox for the DC version.