Object Schema managers who are not Insight/Jira Admin will see a Permission Error when executing an import manually.
This is reproducible on Data Center: yes
- Configure new CSV import for an object schema.
- Create new user in Jira and grant the user with Insight Manager role for the object schema.
- Login to Jira with the newly created user and perform a manual CSV import.
CSV data imported into the object schema without issues as Insight Managers should have the permissions to Create/Configure/Enable imports as per the Configuring roles and permissions page.
The permission error popped up with the error message:
Either of the workarounds below should work:
- Configure the import to sync on schedule automatically. It'll work even if the user with the Insight Manager role is used as the synchronizing account.
- Grant Insight Administrator role to the user following the steps in the Granting global permissions section of the Configuring roles and permissions page to allow manual sync.
- Use a REST API to start the import, authenticated by the User (Schema Manager)