- Configure JIRA service desk project to turn on email request (can use either cloud email address or custom email address as it does not matter)
- Ensure the "Who can customers share requests with?" option is set to "Other customers in their organization. If they're not in an organization, they won't find anyone." in the customer permissions settings page.
- Create a customer org with two customers
- Create two customers not in the customer org
- Add your own email account as a customer in the org
- Send an email form your own email account to the email address that was configured in Step 1 above, with a mixture of customers that are not in the org and those that are (use TO or CC, it doen't matter)
Those customers who are in the org, are included as request participants in the created request. Those customers who are not in the org are not included.
No customers are included as request participants, not even those who are part of the customer org.
Do not include customers who are not part of the customer org in the TO or CC fields.