When an e-mail request is sent in to the JIRA Service Desk project's mail handler, the mail handler parses the content of the e-mail. Any URL, Phone Number, or E-mail address within the body of the e-mail gets appended with a number in the front, and then referenced at the bottom of the ticket description.
- JIRA Service Desk v3.1.0-OD-10
- Enable Email Requests on a JIRA Service Desk project
- Send in an e-mail to the JSD mail handler that contains an E-mail address, URL, and Phone number in the body
- Observe the change in format when the mail handler creates the ticket
Issue Description should be formatted in the same format as when it was sent in.
Issue is converted to a different format, causing issues with accessing the links in some cases.
- In some cases, the issue is only reproducible with one of the following: URL, E-mail address, Phone number.
- Other formatting/styling issues such as omitted line breaks are symptoms of this bug
No known workaround.