Allow customers with JIRA Users global permission to access requests through JIRA instead of customer portal
As an administrator, I would like my customers, who also have JIRA Users global permission, to be able to access Service Desk requests from the regular JIRA interface instead of having to go to the customer portal.
As a customer, who also uses JIRA as a JIRA User, I would like to be able to access Service Desk requests reported by myself.
- I need to be able to search for requests in issue navigator.
- For example, when searching using JQL "reporter = currentUser()" all of my JIRA issues should be returned, including Service Desk requests.
- As a customer, I have create issue permission to a Service Desk project and created a new Service Desk Request using JIRA's create issue interface. I am now unable to find that issue when searching in issue navigator. I should be able to find the issue I reported.
This feature request is to make it so that they can at least "access" the issues from JIRA, and does not seek to specify how that access is given.
- For example: When accessing an issue from JIRA, the customer could be taken to the JIRA issue view or they could be directed to the issue in the Customer Portal.
- Please feel free to add comments to this suggestion with how you would like to see this access implemented
One workaround that is currently in use would be JIRA administrators giving customers Browse Project permission so that the customers can view issues in JIRA. This causes Service Desk permission errors to appear and also gives customers access to internal comments.