JQL Linked issue If conditions can access outdated data if the condition check is performed before JIRA Core updated the corresponding indexes.
This behaviour is not deterministic.
(Optional - If Applicable)
- Create an automation rule with following components
- When linked issue transitioned
- If linked issue matches status = "Resolved"
- Then transition issue to Resolved
- Create an issue and link it to an issue in another project
- Transition linked issue to Resolved
The issue will be transitioned to resolve also
Occasionally the issue is not transitioned, because the data the JQL query uses is outdated at the moment of the automation rule execution.
Same problem as
There is no workaround.