This is reproducible on Data Center: yes
- Create an Issue
- Crate two Epics: Epic1 & Epic2
- Edit the Issue and try to add one of the Epics, start typing "Epic"
Also, making a REST call, returns the expected values:
As it is shown, it seems that it was working as expected in old versions like 8.17.0
Typing the full Epic Name will show the result:
From our KB:
Performance updates to Jira epic picker
If you want to revert to the old mechanism, you need to enable the following dark feature: com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.legacy.epic.picker. For details, see How to manage dark features in Jira.
- In a web browser open URL : <BASE_URL>/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa
- To enable a feature flag, type com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.legacy.epic.picker.enabled in the Enable dark feature text area and click the Add button.
- Go to your Issue and check if it is showing any match when staring to type the Epic name.