As the owner of a Dashboard and filter, I would like to be able to select any user and group in the system.
As the owner of a Dashboard and filter and respecting the 'Browse Users' global permission, I would like to be able to select one or more groups of users that can use that dashboard.
This request is not the same as proposed by
JRASERVER-15900 as we do not want to engage a Jira Administrator for this task. Any user that does have both global permissions (to share and to browse users) should be able to share for any user and group.
Steps to Reproduce
Have the following configuration:
- group1 - member is user1, user1 has "Browse Users" and "Create Shared Objects" global permission
- group2 - member is user2, user2 has "Browse Users" and "Create Shared Objects" global permission
- Add a Custom field of type "Group Picker" on an issue type "bug" just to confirm that the user is able to select a group that the user is not a member of.
How to reproduce:
- User1 creates an issue of type "bug", selecting group2 for the Custom field "Group Picker" (user1 has enough permission to select a group that he is not a member of);
- User1 creates a new dashboard;
- Grant editor permissions to group1;
- User1 is able to edit dashboard (expected);
- Select group to grant editor.
User1 is able to select group2 from the dropdown list
User1 can only see the group1 from the dropdown list, as user1 is not a member of group2.
1. Add user1 also into the group2
a) Users will be added into groups that they do not belong to;
b) May face the Issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-70932
2. Ask the Administrator to share the dashboard
a) Few Jira Administrators too manage all User's requests;
b) The Administrator would need to be added on all groups as issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-15900 was not solved yet;
c) After had added group1 and group2, may face the issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-70932