JIRA inefficiently populates fieldLayoutCache due to slow loading and large size of FieldLayoutItems. JIRA loads elements into fieldLayoutCache by FIELDLAYOUT and at the same time load all related rows from FieldLayoutItem table.
See related ticket for context
- Large number of rows in fieldlayoutitem table - 200k+:
Population of fieldLayoutCache is fast
Population of fieldLayoutCache is slow.
- SQL logs will have the following:
- Stack-trace of the long running thread will be similar to this:
- Other action might also flush fieldLayoutCache, some examples (not limited to that):
- Add issue type - /secure/admin/AddIssueType.jspa
- Remove issue type - /secure/admin/DeleteIssueType.jspa
- Add issue type scheme - /secure/admin/ConfigureOptionSchemes.jspa
- Remove issue type scheme - /secure/admin/DeleteOptionScheme.jspa