<JIRA>/status returns ERROR during full re-indexing (foreground reindexing).
This makes a host that is doing a full re-index is indistinguishable from a host that is not healthy (i.e. not live) and needs restarting.
- Start 'Lock JIRA and rebuild index' (make sure you have enough issues to reindex)
- Trigger call to <JIRA>/status
HTTP code: 200
HTTP code: 500 or 503
- Same "ERROR" status was not reproducible in earlier Jira version like Jira v7.2.12
- Background reindex returns "RUNNING" status
The behaviour of this endpoint in versions of Jira containing this fix is (from comment below):
- No Johnson event, or a Johnson event which doesn't prevent startup: 200, "STARTING"/"FIRST_RUN"/"RUNNING"
- Startup is delayed by a reIndexing event, and nothing else: 503, "MAINTENANCE"
- Startup is prevented by a different Johnson event: 500, "ERROR"