JIRA Datacenter (JDC) uses Ehcache as caching technology, cache server which exposes available cache operations remotely through RMI. Ehcache requires two port for it's network operations, RMICacheManagerPeerListener paramets
- hostName - may be null, in which case the hostName will be looked up.
- port - a port in the range 1025 - 65536
- remoteObjectPort - the port number on which the remote objects bound in the registry receive calls. This defaults to a free port if not specified.
- cacheManager - the CacheManager this listener belongs to
- socketTimeoutMillis - TCP/IP Socket timeout when waiting on response
Currently in JDC you can specify only port (default = 40001, setting: ehcache.listener.port), see Cluster.properties file parameters
Another remoteObjectPort is dynamically allocated and TCP ephemeral port is selected. So you need to open wide range of port at firewall.
Without opening the port, the following error is displayed as other nodes start up :
Add option to specify remoteObjectPort (RMI port)
Open all Ephemeral_port range in firewall and allow connection from all JDC nodes.
New variable: ehcache.object.port
Note: If not defined an ephemeral port is used, see
Ticket to update docs: