The Filter Results gadget does not preserve the Filter column order if modifications are made in the gadget UI by the Owner of the gadget
- Create a new issue filter Eg: issuetype = Bug AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY key ASC. This will sort all issues by Key.
- Go to the dashboard and add a filter results gadget
- Here select the filter you just created and save the gadget
- The the issues will appear in the gadget respecting the filter order Key ASC.
- Any other user can click on any column heading to temporariily sort as per that column. Once refreshed this will be lost and will not affect other users.
- When the owner of the gadget click on any column heading to temporariily sort as per that column.
Only the owner can see the sorting change, which is temporary.
- The change persists even after refresh.
- All users who have access to the dashboard can see this change.
This can be an issue in scenarios where a team lead creates a dashboard for a filter by prority from which users have to work on. However, the owner performing sorting from the dashboard can negatively affect other users who may work on lower priority issues.