When pasting single digit decimal numbers into the new issue view, the 1st digit is replaced with a numbered list.
1.5 -> 1. 5
3.6 -> 1. 6
5.7 -> 1. 7
Clicking off the Numbered List button in the editor does not correct the issue. It will simply remove the numbered list and leave only the digits after the decimal.
- Type a single-digit decimal somewhere outside of Jira (i.e. 4.5, 2.7, 3.6, etc) Copy it to your clipboard.
- Open an issue in the new issue view.
- Paste the number into the new issue view.
Numbers should be pasted without formatting into a numbered list.
The numbers will automatically be converted into a numbered list.
Pasting directly into a code snippet does retain the original values. In addition, copying from a raw text editor also appears to work.
- Pasting without formatting (e.g. CMD+SHIFT+OPTION+V on macOS) does not work to avoid the formatting.
- Clicking off on Numbered List only will remove the numbered list, but will not correct the issue (i.e. 5.7 which has been changed to 1. 7 will only revert back to 7)
- Adding the content to a text editor and copying from there avoids the auto-formatting
Many users may report this as an issue with copying and pasting tables from Excel, or tables from pages in Confluence that are using the Old Editor.
I can confirm that the issue persists without pasting from a table or list. You could paste a single number and it will still auto-convert.
This issue also exists in the Confluence new editor.