Status: Gathering Interest (View Workflow)
- As a security improvement, it would be good to have a way for users to request Google to remove eventual pages that might be searchable through Google. This would allow users to hide their content from the internet, which I believe is a solid improvement.
- The process of requesting Google to remove pages from their index consists in following the steps described below:
- Navigate to Webmaster Tools
- Insert the base url (e.g. example.atlassian.net)
- Click Add Property
- Download the HTML verification file
- Upload the file to the instance (e.g. http://example.atlassian.net/)
- Confirm successful upload by visiting http://example.atlassian.net/<file.html> in your browser.
- Click Verify
Once verified, the user can request Google to remove desired pages from indexing.
- Currently, there does not exist a way of uploading the file, so it is not possible to request Google to remove any links that might be indexed
- Include a field, which could be located under Site Administration, thus only being accessible by admins, where users could upload the file.
- This file could be reached through the URL http://example.atlassian.net/<file.html>, thus allowing users to verify that the domain is owned by them.