When REST PUT is made to change the request type of an issue that has a completely different workflow is made, the result is a success. This shouldn't be the case as a change like this invalidates the workflow.
- Create two workflows with different status
- Associate issue type separately to the two workflows created above
- Create two Jira issue and set each request type to the workflows created earlier
- If you attempt to change the issue type from the UI, it won't be possible.
- If you attempt to change the issue type via REST api, the issue type is changed. This shouldn't be possible.
An error should be returned that this is not possible.
A successful execution is returned.
The API also bypasses field configuration settings, ignoring the issue move screen.