originally copied from this comment
Function linkedIssues() only shows the issues linked to a particular issue, I want to find all issues those are linked to other issues marked by a specific link type, e.g., "is blocked by".
This function could incorporate querying issues that are linked to any issue with a given link type and bearing in mind that links have two identities, one in each direction, the link type could be direction specific or not.
- find all issues that are duplicates of issue
JRA-25640(one direction, issue specified)
- find all issues that are blocking issue
JRA-25640or that JRA-25640blocks (bidirectional, issue specified)
- find all issues that are duplicates of any issue, or which duplicate any issue (bidirectional, no issue specified)
- find all issues that are blocked (one direction, no issue specified)
- find all issues that are linked to a specific issue and display those based on a specific depth (linked issues displaying linked relationship two, three, etc., issues deep)
- The JQL function that exists must continue to work exactly as it does. If it is possible to overload the JQL function based on arity and this makes a consistent API, then this would be preferred. Otherwise, there may need to be a new function name which provides vararg behaviour as described above.
- The link index entries added in 4.4 (I think) provide enough to build performant lucene queries for the above use cases. What's missing is the JQL function plumbing.