Scenario: Any user accesses any Epic/Capability in Jira Align and makes various updates to fields (other than the Additional Programs) and then after updating those fields adds/removes a value in the Additional Programs field.
Issue: The changes made to other fields on the UI are removed/reverted to prior values.
Workaround: When updating Epics/Capabilities if one of the actions necessary is to update the Additional Team of Teams, take this action first and save the Initiative before updating other fields.
Validated Fields that clear/revert: This was ONLY validated for the Epic work item, additional validation MUST be done on the Capability.
- Process Step
- Quarterly Increment / Program Increment
- QI Estimates
- Fields on the Intake Tab
- Fields on the Benefits Tab
- Fields on Time/Skills Tab
- Fields on Spend Tab
In JA Epics (Initiatives), various fields entered are cleared/reverted when Additional Programs are added in the same update.
- Open any initiative in Jira Align
- Add a value into any of the fields listed in the "Validated Fields that clear/revert"
- Click the '+' sign next to the Primary Program field
- Add/Remove a value to the Additional Program field.
- Notice that the screen refreshes and the values updated/entered in the "Validated Fields that clear/revert" are cleared (if it was a new value) or reverted (if it was a changed value).
Values entered prior to adding/removing the Additional Programs should not be cleared/reverted.
The update to the Additional Programs (add/remove) is stored, but those fields in the "Validated Fields that clear/revert" are cleared/reverted.
When updating Epics/Capabilities if one of the actions necessary is to update the Additional Team of Teams, take this action first and save the Epic/Capability before updating other fields.