We observed that clicking on "Save" and then "Save and Close" too fast on Risk details panel is resulting in the following behaviors-
- Feature name in the Relationship getting removed from audit log and only the Feature ID remains
- The Relationship in the risk details panel gets updated automatically from Feature to Program Increment and this is not recorded in the audit log. Audit log only captures the loss of the Feature
- The EI Risk view does not capture this Risk as the relationship between Feature and Risk comes from table tblAgileRiskObjectRel, but in these problematic cases, there is no entry in that table
This is reproducible on Data Center: (yes)
- Create a Risk with Relationship as Feature
- Fill in the rest of the details
- Click on Save and immediately click on Save and close as well
- Notice that the Risk Relationship automatically updates to PI
- Audit log shows that the Relationship changed from "Feature:ID-Name" to ":ID-"
which indicates the loss of Feature relationship from the risk
- Query the tblAgileRiskObjectRel to see that there is no entry for the Risk ID just created
- Query the EI Risk table and notice that there is no entry of the Risk created in Risk view
Clicking on "Save" and then "Save and Close" too fast in the Risk details panel does not update the Risk Relationship.
Clicking on "Save" and then "Save and Close" too fast in the Risk details panel updates the Risk Relationship.
To avoid this issue from happening, stick to clicking on either "Save" or "Save and Close".