Editing the JA Parent Epic Title/Description is removing the ID in the Jira Epic Parent work Item custom field:
This is reproducible on the Cloud: YES
- Setup Parent work item custom field on features in your Connector
- Sync a JA Feature A (Jira Epic A) with a JA Epic B as a parent from JA to Jira
- Note that the Jira Epic A ** Parent Work Item custom field will be populated with the following syntax: "JA Epic ID":"Epic Title". I.E "1234 : My Feature Parent Name"
- Now, go to the JA > Epic Parent B and update/Change the title/description
- Go back Jira Epic A note that the Parent Work Item custom field now is populated only with the Epic parent name without the ID. I.E "My Feature Parent Name updated"
The Jira Parent custom field must receive from JA Sync the same naming syntax after editing the Title in JA Parent Epic : "JA Epic ID" : "Epic Title"
The Jira Parent custom field is receiving a wrong naming syntax after editing the Title in JA Parent Epic (without the JA Epic ID) : "Epic Title"
follow the sync event that updated the parent Epic custom field in my Lab. environment as a sample:
As a workaround update the Jira Align Feature field to force the regular sync hence bringing the correct naming syntax to the Parent Epic Field again to Jira: "JA parent Epic ID":"Parent Epic Title"