If the Status Report of a Capability is updated so that it contains an entry in the Notes section, this data is not copied into the [Capability].[Status Reports Notes] field in then Enterprise Insights database.
However if notes are added to the Status Report of a Portfolio Epic them these notes do appear in [Epic].[Status Reports Notes] in Enterprise Insights
This is inconsistent behaviour especially as both Portfolio Epics and Capabilities share tables in the Jira Align (source) Database and the Status Reports Notes field does exist in both the Epic and Capability tables in Enterprise Insights. The tables in Jira Align being tblAgileFeatureGroup and tblNarration
- Open the details of a Capability
- Make a note of the numeric ID of the capability
- Click Status Report - found in the right side bar
- Scroll to the bottom and add text into the Notes
- Wait for the ETL Pull to have taken place
- In EI, use a query similar to the following (where nnnn is the ID record in step 2:
select [capability id], [Status Reports Notes] from current_dw.[Capability] WHERE [Capability ID] = nnnn
- Repeat steps 1 - 6 but for a Portfolio Epic and adjusting the select statement to:
select [Epic id], [Status Reports Notes] from current_dw.[Epic] WHERE [epic ID] = nnnnn
Both Capabilities and Portfolio Epics should populate the States Reports Notes field in EI, if the notes exist in Jira Align
The States Reports Notes field for Capabilities is not populated with the Notes, however for Epics it is populated - even though both both Capabilities and Portfolio Epics have notes defined in Jira Align.
Currently there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available