Users with a last name with two strings (eg 'John doe Second') are created by the ADO connector with the third string as the last name (eg John Second).
Users with a last name with three or more strings(eg 'John doe the Third') are created by the ADO connector with the same string for the first and last name (eg John/John).
- Create a user in AzureDevOps and/or Azure Active Directory such as
Display Name First Name Last name User principal name Initialname MiddleName Last names Initialname MiddleName Last names firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a work item in ADO that is mapped to a Jira Align work item.
- Assign the user to the work item
- Wait for the ADO connector sync to complete
- If a one-word name in ADO, use the name as both the first name and last name in Jira Align (e.g. Maria = Maria Maria in JA).
- If more than two words, split on space, anything preceding the first space is first name, the rest is last name regardless number of words
- Truncate names exceeding 50 chars
The user is created with only the string from the first name (i.e. Initialname)
Currently there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available.
As long as the user is already existing in Jira Align and the email address remains unchanged; if you modify the last name of the user, the change will be preserved the next time the sync completes.