Status: In Review (View Workflow)
Severity 3 - Minor
When Points Estimation is used, if no estimate is selected when creating or updating Features in JA, Features get an estimate of 0 by default, instead of remaining empty.
Features created in Jira and synced can have an empty estimate, not 0 - just nothing, but only until they are updated in JA, then 0 is synced.
Steps to Reproduce
- Select Point estimation for a specific portfolio
- Feature point sync is enabled and bidirectional Feature point sync is enabled
- Create some Features in JA and Jira and wait for them to sync to their respective sides
- When creating Features with no estimate selected in JA, it always assigns 0 points to the Feature, and syncs it with 0 points to Jira
- When creating Jira Epics, the field is blank and it syncs to JA blank
- Updates in JA will update the field to 0
Historically, this field has remained empty if not filled on purpose.
A default value of 0 points is applied in JA.
Currently, there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available.