When an Epic's primary program is changed, it leaves child Features in a partially updated state:
- 'Parent Epic' field value is removed
- 'Contained In' still displays the parent Epic
- 'parentId' API property still stores the parent Epic ID
As a result, these Features can longer be updated via REST API. Attempts to do so fail with the error:
|Cannot update feature with id xxxx. Value for parentId is invalid.|
- Create Epic1 and assign to ProgramA. Save
- Create Feature1 and assign to ProgramA and parent epic = Epic1. Save.
- Assign Epic1 to ProgramB
- Prompt stating "...children will not move with the Epic". Continue. Save.
- Open Feature1
- Run a API GET call on Feature1
Feature's 'Contained In', 'Parent Epic', and 'parentId' API prop should be consistent with parent Epic removed from all of these.
Feature's 'Contained In' and 'parentId' API prop are still populated with parent Epic.
'Parent Epic' field value is removed
Currently there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available.