Status: Waiting for Release (View Workflow)
Severity 3 - Minor
Splitting a Feature in JA does not replicate the ADO area path in the newly created Feature.
The newly created Feature has no ADO area path.
The newly created Feature retains the ADO ID tag of the original Feature.
So the newly created Feature does not synchronise into ADO
And then on that sync, the child Stories in ADO lose their Parent link and become orphaned.
Steps to Reproduce
In a Program that is synchronised with an Azure DevOps Project
- In Jira Align Features https://xyz.jiraalign.com/requestgrid
- Find a Feature with 2 or more Stories
- At least 1 Story should not be Accepted
- Open the Feature so that the Details Panel is open
- Click on "+ Show More"
- Click on Split
- Set a new Targeted Program Increment (test was performed with the next PI)
- Click on Split
- Refresh the screen
- Notice that the tags are identical
- Open the newly created Feature
- Notice that the Azure DevOps Area Path is empty
- Wait for the Work Item Sync Timer
- Notice that while the original Feature's name has changed to (Split Part 1), the new Feature (Split Part 2) has not appeared in ADO
- # Notice that the Stories that were moved into the new Feature are now orphaned.
The newly created Feature would have the same Area path as the original Feature
The newly created Feature would not have the original Feature's ADO ID tag.
The newly created Feature would synchronise to ADO
In ADO: The child stories would have a parent link to the newly created Feature.
The newly created Feature has an empty Azure DevOps Area Path field.
The newly created Feature has the original Feature's ADO ID tag.
On the next synchronisation, the child Stories lose their Parent link and become orphaned or misaligned
(this assumes that you have bidirectional sync for both Features and Stories configured)
Before the Work Item Sync Timer runs.
1. Update the newly created Feature's ADO Area Path and
2. remove the ADO ID Tag "Feature-xx"
1. Update the newly created Feature's ADO Area Path
2. Remove the ADO ID Tag "Feature-xx"
Manually update the child Stories in JA with a small change in Description for a successful Story sync.
- mentioned in
- relates to