Severity 3 - Minor
Jira Connector updating description of stories in Jira Software.
Use Case -
- Create an EPIC and Story in Jira Software without description (Description is not mandatory in Jira Software).
- Both work items sync to JA
- For the synced feature, the description is left blank in Jira Software
- For Stories the description gets auto-populated in Jira Align with story summary
- Then the story description from Jira Align gets synced back to Jira as an update
Steps to Reproduce
- Make sure to have active Jira Connector in the instance
- Make sure that description is not mandatory in Jira Software for EPICs and Stories
- Create an EPIC and few stories in Jira Software
- Wait for the sync
- Update the description in Jira Align Feature
- Observe the results
In Jira Align, description field is empty for both work item types i.e. for Features and Stories
For Jira Align Features, description field remains empty. But for Stories in Jira Align, the description field get auto-populated with story summary which then syncs back to Jira Software.
Currently there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available
- relates to