Resolution: Won't Fix
Severity 3 - Minor
This bug is very similar to
After adding a user to a private room via Add member, it can take the room up to 5 minutes to be visible in the room list in some environments.
In other environments, the room will never be visible in the room list.
HipChat Data Center 3.0.1
- Login with a user to HipChat
- Add the user to a private room by running:
- Search for the room in the client
Room should come up since the user was added to it as if the action was done from the client.
Room doesn't come up in the room list, although the room membership is saved immediately to the database.
It seems that the client periodically runs a refresh that updates the membership of the user in the client based on the the server values.
- The room list will be updated if you refresh the web client or logout/login of the desktop client.
- Use Invite user by POST ing to the /v2/room/$room_id/invite/$user_id endpoint.
- Account for the delay when relying on this API endpoint.