There is a partial fix in 4.0.5 of the mac client, if you are only logged into one account your client should not freeze. We will have a new version shortly that will fix the client if you are logged into more than one account.
When plugging in (or out) an external monitor or when waking up the computer from sleep mode, the HipChat client freezes and does not react to any mouse clicks or keyboard presses.
- HipChat 4.0 client
- Mac OSX
- With the client open, plug out an external monitor
- Plug it back in
- After a couple of times (mine took 3 tries), when plugging the monitor back in, HipChat completely freezes
- Disable the network from the Mac client
- Wait for 100-120 seconds
- Type and send a test message (message would fail as expected)
- Wait another 30 seconds
- Type and send another test message
The HipChat client freezes. No mouse clicks or keyboard presses are detected by the app, and does not react to them. No actions can be taken in the client. A restart is needed, after which the client works fine again
Feel free to drop us a comment if you have other steps to reproduce the results!
Quit and restart the Mac client