- Setup JIRA
- Add "confluence" in the Other Applications section in admin to allow Confluence to use JIRA for user management
- Setup Confluence on another machine
- Add "Atlassian JIRA" user directory
- Setup url, appname user and password
- Click "Test settings"
Expected: An error message that says: "Client with address 'X.X.X.X', and hostname 'X' is forbidden from making request to the application 'confluence'"
Actual: HTML response is printed encoded with message that says "Access to the specified resource (client.forbidden.exception) has been forbidden" (look at attached screen shot.
- The problem is that JIRA is missing an i18n key in JiraWebActionSupport.properties file that comes from Crowd.
- In Crowd, the resource looks like this:
- This key is used when a client fails the IP validation during a call to JIRA/Crowd's user management REST service