- when picking up SQL Server user need to specify version (2005, 2008, 2012 atm), while 2005 is not supported since 3.3 version https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE034/End+of+Support+Announcements+for+Crucible
- 2008 and 2012 settings are effectively identical, no need to distinguish between them
- simplify the code, remove SQL Server 2005 specific DDLs.
- Avoid bugs like
- replace SQL Server versions with single SQL Server. Determine version in runtime if required, this most likely won't be necessary
- allow smooth upgrade for instances where 2008+ instance is used, configured as 2005. Migrate 2005 schema into 2008? See