- Install or upgrade Confluence to version 7.10.x
- Enable anonymous access.
- Create a page with View File macro
- Load that page as an anonymous user
View File Macro load Office files correctly.
View File macro for Office files (tested with .doc) loading indefinitely.
- Attach the file directly into the page using the Confluence file previewer to generate the thumbnail.
This requires downgrading the Office Connector plugin which may not be compatible with newer versions of Confluence and is not supported. However, this has been tested and it works with up to Confluence 7.10.X so far:
- Stop Confluence
- Copy/Download the OfficeConnector-11.2.1.jar from an older version of Confluence (i.e. 7.8.0)
- Place it in the confluence_install/confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins/ folder.
- From the same folder, move the OfficeConnector-11.3.2.jar to another folder as backup.
- Start Confluence
Tested with OfficeConnector 11.4.0 from
CONFSERVER-60622 but this results in "We can't preview this file. You'll have to download the file to view it."