There are a lot of issues rendering an excel file with Office Excel macro when the files contain charts that occupy several columns
- Confluence 6.13.10 and 7.4
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
- Create a new page in Confluence and attach this excel file: excel_chart_text2.xlsx
- Save the page and Edit again
- Add an Office Excel macro to the page
- For the Office Excel macro options make sure you see the attached excel file in the File Name field
- Insert the macro and publish the page
- The charts that are side by side in the original excel file overlap when rendered in the Office macro, making it impossible to see the content.
- The excel file columns width is not the same after the file is rendered in the macro, it shrinks as small as possible when there is no text content in it.
- The charts are rendered outside the macro and it goes beyond the Confluence page width.
- Expected to see the charts side by side as we see in the excel file.
- Expected to see the columns with the same width as defined in the excel file.
- Expected to have all the content inside the macro and had the macro display a horizontal scroll bar to see the entire content inside.
Currently, there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available