Texts in powerpoint thumbnail is not rendered correctly depending on Java version. Characters are overlaid each other.
As far as I confirmed,
- AdoptOpenJDK jdk8u202-b08 (which is a bundled one in most version of Confluence) can render correctly
- Oracle JRE jre-8u241-linux-x64 can render correctly
- AdoptOpenJDK jdk8u242-b08 is affected
- AdoptOpenJDK jdk-11.0.6+10 is affected
- AdoptOpenJDK jdk-11.0.5+10 is affected (it's bundled with 7.4.0)
- Prepare Linux OS and install some fonts to enable server side rendering
- Install Confluence from tar.gz and configure it to use AdoptOpenJDK jdk8u242-b08
- Open the editor, and drag and drop sample.pptx on your browser.
sample.pptx is rendered correctly.
Use jdk8u202-b08 as Supported Platforms suggests.
Some AdoptOpenJDK versions have bugs that impact Confluence. We recommend version jdk8u202 (see
Or, if you are already using Java 11, upgrade to version 11.0.7.
Note: Confluence LTS version 7.4.3 and later is bundled with AdoptOpenJDK version 11.0.7+10, which is unaffected by this bug. However, if Confluence is running using an older JDK version which is affected, the bug will still be experienced.