If attachment has a non-ascii name and JPG extension (e.g. テスト.JPG), the image of thumbnail or preview is corrupted and unviewable.
Steps to Reproduce
- Go to a Confluence page.
- Click Tools >> Attachment
- Click Choose File button
- Attach file with the name テスト.jpg
Thumbnail is shown in the editor and the published page.
The attached file is corrupted and cannot be viewed.
The below exception is thrown in the atlassian-confluence.log file:
2019-07-31 06:47:31,919 ERROR [http-nio-8090-exec-3] [[Standalone].[localhost].[/].[file-server]] log Servlet.service() for servlet [file-server] in context with path  threw exception
- This error is NOT observed in version 6.6.13
- Apparently this was fixed by
CONFSERVER-31088. And this error is NOT observed in version 6.13.x and later.
Either of follows.
- Use .jpeg for the file extension instead of .jpg.
- Upgrade to 6.7.2 or later which include the fix of