The Word importer runs into errors if it has to handle wiki-markup-like characters within tables.
- install Confluence 6.0.5 / 6.2.3
- import Test-page.docx
- the import result will be equal to the left side of
- 1. a bold Text starting with http will be transferred to a link with * at the beginning and at the end
- 2. the commands text will be c ommands
- 3. the code area with square brackets will be transferred to a corrupt unmigrated-wiki-markup macro
- 4. the command with pipe will be transferred to two columns and the pipe symbol has been removed
- 5. the carriage returns has been removed
- 6. the Oracle command line printout will be transferred to a unsorted list.
The workaround is based on recommendations by getsupport.atlassian.com:
".. workaround is to change the structure of Office document to align with the limitation of Office Connector." and/or ".. edit or reconstruct the essential information in Editor after Word file imported .."
see: Test-page-workaround-recommendation-atlassian-support.docx and https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/office-connector-limitations-and-known-issues-170492994.html
Use the "Confluence universal importer"-Add-on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.pandocconnect/cloud/overview (or run your own instance, if you get a 500 error-code while installing the Add-On. See https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/confluence-pandoc-connect)
The "Confluence universal importer"-Add-on can handle wiki-markup-like text within tables
Search and replace all wiki-markup-like characters within the word file with the html code of the character.
e.g (see https://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/charref for the full html code list)
|#||& # 35 ;|
|-||& # 8722 ;|
|[||& # 91 ;|
|]||& # 93 ;|
|pipe symbol||& # 124 ;|
|*||& # 42 ;|
The changed word file ( Test-page-workaround-html-code.docx ) can be handled by the word importer
(See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-41626 and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-41138 for carriage returns problem)