When migrating from Cloud to Server, Collaborative editing will not work. This is due to the fact that the base-URL settings are not applied to the instance.
- Confluence Cloud site export
- Issue found in Confluence 6.1.1 and 6.1.2
- Export Confluence Cloud site following instructions in Create a Site Backup.
- Install Confluence 6.1.1 or 6.1.2
- When prompted to restore a backup in the installation process, upload the site backup created in step 1.
- Once the site has been restored, you will notice that Collaborative Editing is disabled.
- Try to enable Collaborative Editing. You will notice errors in the UI.
- If you try to edit a page, you get the error "Loading the editor is taking longer than usual"
Collaborative Editing is enabled and will work.
Collaborative Editing will not enable. In some cases, the startup logs will show that the base-url is NULL which appears to be the primary cause of this issue.
There is a simple workaround to get Collaborative Editing to work after the restore:
- Go to > General Configuration
- Click Edit in the Base-URL section
- Click Save
- Go to the Collaborative Editing tab on the left hand navigation bar
- Click Restart Synchrony and make sure Collaborative Editing is On
Collaborative Editing should work after saving the Base-URL in General Configuration.